BICA’S APPEAL TO THE NEW 45TH NATIONAL ASSEMBLY
In connection with the end of the regular elections for the 45th National Assembly, BICA addresses all parties represented in parliament and all deputies to emphasize that:
- effective and transparent governance for the benefit of the people, the economy and the state is the supreme meaning of the democratic system and all elected representatives bear individual, party and national responsibility for this;
- No matter what government is formed – regularly or ex officio, Bulgaria needs a functioning administration, predictable and sustainable governance that will initiate and implement long-delayed vital reforms that will take the country out of the bottom of many rankings in the EU and the world.
The economic priorities stated by all political forces:
- membership of our country in the Eurozone, the Schengen area and the OECD;
preserving financial and macroeconomic stability, preserving the model of the tax system and further limiting the gray sector;
- development of anti-crisis legislation and timely implementation of support measures;
- upholding the rule of law and the security of property, free and fair competition, decisive reduction of corruption, a comprehensive policy for a better business and investment climate and equality of the Bulgarian producer;
- finalization and submission in time of the National Plan for Reconstruction and Sustainability and other instruments for participation of our country in the European Plan “New Generation” and the Multiannual Financial Framework of the Union
- require coordinated joint efforts and work by state institutions – the National Assembly, the President, the Government.
BICA will actively support all adequate policies and actions in relation to these national priorities.